Vacancy Alert! Grants Development Officer
An exciting opportunity to join the team and help us deliver our Chances for Children grants.
Grants Development Officer
- Full time – 35 hours per week
- We are open to part time/job share applications
- Remote work or hybrid working
- £32,300 – £36,000 per year
We are looking for someone to join our Grants Team who is passionate about supporting children and young people and has a commitment to improving their outcomes. This is a rewarding role in a supportive working culture. This position suits a flexible, friendly and efficient professional with the right skills, experience and confidence to further our grants reach to children and young people who need them.
Why work for us?
Buttle UK is a charity dedicated to helping children and young people in the UK who have experienced crisis, are living in financial hardship and are dealing with multiple challenging social issues. We provide support designed to improve emotional, educational and social outcomes through our Chances for Children grants and, for some children whose home environment is particularly disruptive and chaotic, grants which allow them to go to boarding school. By working with us you are helping to change children’s lives. Our Grants Team has a reputation for friendliness, efficiency and effectiveness and are always striving to do better. We are a small and enthusiastic team achieving amazing things.
To read our impact report click here.
Summary of responsibilities for our Grants Development Officer
- Assessing the needs of applicants for grant support against set criteria and making appropriate recommendations and decisions
- Ensuring our grants reach children and young people who are living in poverty and complex circumstances
- Working in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders in the public, charity and education sectors
For the full job description and person specification, please download the candidate pack below.
What we can offer you
- Generous annual leave entitlement – 28 days plus bank holidays (pro rata) – additional leave offered for length of service
- Flexible working conditions
- Employer contribution to pension scheme of 7%
- Life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme with BUPA
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Trained mental health first aiders
- Paid volunteering days
- Promoting diversity and inclusion in the office
- Career growth and development opportunities through our commitment to learning
Buttle UK is passionate about promoting equity, valuing diversity, and working inclusively. We want applicants from a broad range of diverse backgrounds with a cross section of skills, experiences and narratives to extend and develop how we work.
We recognise that you are even more likely to have faced barriers, in our sectors and others, if one or more of the following represent you:
- You are from the Global Majority
- You have lived experience in relation to the issues that Buttle UK seeks to tackle
- You don’t have socio-economic privilege, and/or you identify as working class
- You identify as D/deaf or disabled or both
We warmly welcome your application.
Positive action: first interview stage
We have specific positive action in place for our first interview stage. If you meet the above criteria, you can choose whether you would like us to apply positive action when reviewing your application – you just need to say you would like us to apply Positive Action in the form. If you do this, it means that, if you have clearly shown in your application that you meet our minimum criteria, you will be invited for a first interview.
We do not ask you to disclose any further details in your application, and we treat all positive action answers confidentially and sensitively.
We are open to receiving applications from those wishing to work on a part time / job share basis. Please make this clear in your application.
Interviews for the Grants Development Officer role will be held online. To support applicants through the recruitment process, we commit to:
- Paying for childcare for the hours in and around the interview process
- Supporting any accessibility needs in the application and interview process
If you wish to apply for the position of Grants Development Officer, please complete this application form, by midnight on Sunday 12th March 2023. Applications received after the closing date cannot be considered.
Please note, should we receive a large amount of applications for this vacancy, we reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: due to the high volume of applications, we have brought forward the application deadline to 0900 on Friday 10th March 2023. Any applications received after this time will not be considered.
Zoom interview date: w/c 20th or 27th March 2023
Buttle UK is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk and protecting anyone that comes into contact with us from harm. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to a DBS safeguarding record check when applying for this role.